Frequently Asked Questions

What amenities are included with the home? (i.e. appliances, etc.)

​Fort Meade homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, and snow removal services. Q:Are Fort Meade houses furnished? A: No, the houses are not furnished.

What is the rank structure for Fort Meade housing?

For on-post housing purposes: The ranks E-1 to E-5 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E-6 to E-8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E-9 receives independent rank classification for housing but can also be housed in areas accepting Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officers, O1 to O-3, and WO1 to CW2 are Company Grade Officers (CGO). CW3, O4 and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO). CW5 and O-6 are Senior Grade Officers (SGO). ​

Is there a wait list for the newly constructed homes?

At this time, Corvias does not have a wait list specifically for newly constructed housing. While we do have new housing available for some rank bands, our wait list operates on the basis of first available homes. 

Do you allow pets, and how many?

​Yes, Fort Meade is a pet-friendly installation. There is a two-pet limit. Exotic pets, such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds, including full or mixed-breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, and wolf hybrids are prohibited from Fort Meade family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing and Relocation Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

Do the homes come equipped with fencing?

No, not all homes come equipped with a fence. Residents that would like to self-install fencing at their own expense, must receive approval from the neighborhood manager before erecting a fence. All fences installed must meet the material specifications supplied by Corvias. For more information, please contact your neighborhood office. ​

How do I submit an online application?

​An online application can be submitted through our website at Please note that your online housing application will be reviewed by our relocation staff and placed in a pending arrival status. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team of relocation specialists regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements and supporting documents to ensure that your family experiences the improved quality of life being provided at Fort Meade.

I have received orders to Fort Meade. When can I apply for on-post housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-post housing once they have received orders to Fort Meade. ​

What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

• Army – DD 1172
• Navy – Page 2
• Air Force – Orders or DD 1172
• Marine Corp – DD 1751
​• Coast Guard – CG 4170 

My family was assigned to a four-bedroom home at my last duty station. Will I automatically qualify for 4 four-bedroom housing at Fort Meade?

At Fort Meade, service members with primary physical custody of three or more children automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing. ​

I will be relocating to Fort Meade in 8 months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-post housing?

Wait times vary depending on floor plan. Please contact the Fort Meade Leasing and Relocation Center for specific wait times. Please view the online housing options as you approach your PCS date. ​

Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

​Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's special power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Leasing and Relocation Center.

Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

​Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's special power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Leasing and Relocation Center.

I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Fort Meade. The BAH will be taken from the senior ranking service member at the Fort Meade with-dependent BAH rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep. ​

If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing and Relocation Center, you will be placed on the appropriate wait list. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status. ​

What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for Privatized Family Housing at Fort Meade if you are an active duty service member assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Meade, an active duty military retiree, Fort Meade/NSA contractor or a federal employee. Service members are eligible to be placed on the wait list once your orders to Fort Meade or other duty station within 50 miles have been received. Applications can be submitted through the website or in person by visiting the Leasing and Relocation Center at Fort Meade. After you complete the housing application and submit all required documentation, you can then be placed on the appropriate list. ​

What determines the list I am placed on?

​Your rank and number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home in which you will be placed. The rank bands are as follows: JNCO: E-1 to E-5; SNCO: E-6 to E-8; CSM/SM: E-9; CGO: O1/O1E to O3/CW2; FGO: CW3 to O5; SGO: CW5 to O9

How is the on-post housing eligibility date determined?

Service members can apply for housing once they have received orders for Fort Meade or other duty station within 50 miles. For service members who are new to the Army, married, and have received orders to Fort Meade as their first duty station, the eligibility date for housing is the Military Entrance Processing Date. For service members who were single upon entering any branch of the military and married after initial enlistment, the eligibility date for housing is the Date of Marriage. ​

I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member. ​

Who determines Key and Essential (K+E) positions for housing?

​Fort Meade Garrison Headquarters makes this determination.

What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

​If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date-of-rank is the same, date-of-entry into service will be used.

What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change and you will go to the bottom of the wait list. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to reapply for housing. ​

I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member. ​

Will Army families be responsible for their utility costs?

At Fort Meade, all utilities except for cable and internet are included under rent. 

Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

​Once contacted, you have 72 hours to respond to the Leasing and Relocation Center before we offer that home to the next service member on the wait list. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If advance notification is possible, we can work with you to find an alternative that best serves you. If you will be out of town, please let the Leasing and Relocation Center know, so arrangements can be made.

Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Temporary lodging at Fort Meade is available through IHO Candlewood suite, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias Property Management does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing. You can also check with the RCI office at 301-677-7748. ​

Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

​The move will be a government transportation move.

How can I check my current position on the wait list?

Please contact the leasing office at (410) 305-1258 to check your position on the wait list. Q: May I request placement on more than one wait list at one time? A: Service members may occupy only one wait list at one time. ​

What determines my placement on the wait list?

Your placement on the wait list is based on your eligibility date. The eligibility date is typically determined by your PCS date from your last duty station or your date of application. If you are newly married, your date will be the day you were married. You must apply within 30 days of arrival otherwise your eligibility date will be the date of your application. There are some situations that may alter your date, so please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center to see if this applies to you. ​

What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change. However, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or neighborhood is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability. ​

What documents are required to be placed on the wait list?

​For active duty personnel to be placed on the housing wait list, you will need to provide a completed application, a copy of your most current orders, your dependent documentation and most recent EOM LES. Before you are able to sign for a home, you will need to provide your DA-31 or equivalent leave form (i.e. out-processing checklist, stamped orders, etc).

Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

​If the service member elects to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application except under certain circumstances, such as (1) a change in rank or (2) a change in family composition.

What does it mean if I get bumped on the wait list?

If you get bumped on the wait list, it means an incoming service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and went above you on the wait list. Only the top 10% of every wait list is frozen and those service members cannot be bumped. If a large number of service members arrive or return from deployment, your estimated wait time could change. Service members returning from deployment have priority. ​

I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the wait list?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Meade housing wait lists. ​